E.N. BISSO & SON, INC. is proudly owned by 5th generation family descendants of Captain Joseph Bisso who founded the company by launching a ferry service to row people across the Mississippi River in Uptown New Orleans. E.N. BISSO & SON, INC. can trace these early days of the company’s activities back to 1880 and the oars in our logo are a salute to our origins. This enterprise quickly expanded to employ the use of steam-powered ferries and tugs. The ferry business grew into a sizable venture and was eventually sold to the State of Louisiana.
In 1946, the company was split up and Captain Edwin Napoleon Bisso and his son, Joseph August Bisso, II formed their own company with 6 tugboats and 2 heavy-lift derricks, naming it E.N. BISSO & SON. Since then, the company has grown and evolved to its position today as a leading U.S. Gulf & East Coast provider of harbor tug and towing services.